Date and Times
This event will take place on the 10th February 2019. Save the date!
Race Start: 9:30am
Race Finish: 15:30
(6 hour time limit)
Last lap started: before 14:45 (or 5.25 hrs after start, whichever is latest)
Offley Recreation Centre
Kings Walden Road,
- Drinks including water, tea, coffee, sports drink
- Space for people’s own food, snacks and drink
- Baggage storage
Event parking is available at the Offley Recreation Centre (HQ) as well as on nearby residential roads. Please park considerately. Parking is limited so, if you know others also taking part, please consider car sharing.
- Changing rooms
- First Aid Point (first aid bag, First Aider)
- Registration point
- Finish/start line
How it works
- Runners register at the HQ and will have a number assigned to them. It is important that the In Case of Emergency (ICE) details are completed on the back of the race number. ICE details will also be required on the registration form.
- Please also write your first name on the front (we like to be able to cheer you on by name).
- Before the race starts, runners must register as attended at the registration desk between 8:30am-9:30am
- All runners will set off at 9:30am
- Runners run a lap and after the completion of each lap, run back into the HQ where you can refuel and collect a wristband. A black band for the main lap and a bright neon for the short lap.
- Please run on the right so you can see oncoming traffic and exercise care at all times.
- After each lap, runners can help themselves to refreshments – food and drinks at the HQ before setting back off.
- When finishing runners hit the ‘EASY’ button and the time and number of laps is recorded.
- Enjoy your medal and goodie bag!
The main loop is 5.2 miles. There is an additional smaller loop of 0.9 miles. This will enable those who wish to cover a more specific distance. For example, if a runner wants to cover the marathon distance, of 26.2 miles, as their personal challenge they can run 5 x 5.2 miles loop and 1 x 0.9 mile loop. Allowing them to accomplish their goal.
Adverse Weather Conditions
At the moment, it looks like we might have a lovely wet run! Rain will not stop the run. We will only cancel the run if the course is deemed unsafe due to snow, ice or other conditions. Part refunds will be given for event cancellation.
The club house will be open throughout the event selling teas, coffees and beers. Don’t forget to bring some money and treat yourself after the run.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us. We are also very interested to know what Challenge you have set yourself and why, please let us know! Also we would like to cater for everyone, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know and we will do our best.
Please also give us feedback so we can make the Stopsley Challenge 2020 even better!